David Minac is a filmmaker, actor, artist, film music composer and photographer. Ever since childhood he discovered a love of exploring different ways and combinations to realize storytelling and the visual image.
He was involved in number of internationally acclaimed film productions such as:
- THROUGH THE EYES OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER (2015): AWARDS: Main prize of the Festival CAMERA OF DAVID, BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY at 13th Warsaw Jewish Film Festival, Golden Remi Award – Worldfest Houston, Nominated Tobias Spencer Award – Haifa Int’l Film Festival, nominated for Magnolia Award, 23rd Shanghai TV Festival
- NICKY’S FAMILY (2011) which was awarded more than 41 prestigious awards worldwide including Best Documentary - Montreal World Film Festival, Canada, Forum for the Preservation of Audio-Visual Memory Award Jerusalem Film Festival, PRIX ITALIA´S SPECIAL SIGNIS AWARD – Torino, Italy,
FIAT/IFTA Archive Achievement AWARD for best use of archive, British Film Institute, London
- In 2017 he wrote and directed the short film TIME for the opening of his audiovisual, photographic exhibition in the CZECH PHOTO CENTRE. He was picked up as the “discovery talent” of the year.
- At the University he worked on more than 20 Film and Television productions including the award winning short film Medieval Dream for which he won WAFTA Award for Best Editing (2012 - 2013) (University of Southampton Film Award). Recently he co-wrote, acted in and produced Magic Show (2015) which is the university's most expensive film society production up to date.
- Currently he cowrites two international productions - full-length feature films:
NEVER GIVE UP – the road comedy movie about the unfulfilled dream of his father to finish the profile of Federico Fellini with whom he filmed with his crazy “communist crew” two days in 1989 in Rome
THE LAST TRAIN FROM PRAGUE - the story of rescue of 669 Jewish children by Sir Nicholas Winton at the outbreak of WWII. This operation has no parallel in history and will be presented to the world audience as the feature film for the first time.
Influenced by both 21st century photography and the beauty of the older styles such as during the Golden Age of Hollywood or Italian Cinecitta, David brings cinematic vintage touch into the modern world of photography. Apart from art photography he is also official photographer of the two of top 10 television shows in country. His pictures have already been published in numerous magazines and newspapers.
He already held two exhibitions of his artworks in Southampton, UK and two more major professional audiovisual, photographic exhibitions - in 2016 in the Slovak House in Prague and in 2017 at the CZECH PHOTO CENTER in Prague, Czech Republic.
During his studies David worked on prestigious Karlovy Vary Int’l Film Festival in PR Photographic department as assistant photographer where he had a chance to meet and work with well- known directors and actors as Terry Gillian, Antonio Banderas, John Malkovich, Christopher Lee or Saffron Burrows.
PAINTING AND FILM MUSIC
David also finds passion in painting, bringing symphonies of colors together. His great examples in film music composition are Hans Zimmer and Ennio Morricone.
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Flicker